Finding the right VPN can be a challenge for many people. However, knowing what to look for in the right VPN is a great way to start off on the proper footing. There is one VPN worth considering, hence this VyprVPN Review.
You can read everything from general information, to services and specifications. Also, discover the pros, cons, and common issues to expect for VyprVPN in this review. Our VyprVPN review has the purpose of helping you to choose between the best VPN services that are available now. For further information, you can also read our CyberGhost review, and TorGuard review.
General Information About VyprVPN
VyprVPN connects a device to different VPN services by using an encrypted channel, just like any other VPN. However, VyprVPN notes that it forwards information from devices to servers. This is possible by using one of three types of SSL encryption: 256-bit, 160-bit, or 128-bit. Each encryption package comes with a different price point. These encryption options make all traffic in and out of a website extremely secure. This also means that the data you store online is protected from hackers. Furthermore, VyprVPN prevents internet service providers from blocking content between the VyprVPN server and the person using it. More often than not, this blockage is based on geographic location. So, you can easily avoid blocking content that has this information.
One thing this VyprVPN review needs to point out is that there are different packages available to meet the needs of any individual or business. There are options from free to paid packages. Some of them include access to VyprVPN’s cloud storage.
- Golden Frog, VyprVPN’s parent company, is in Switzerland for the sake of using the country’s privacy laws. This way, they prevent IP addresses from tracking for internet usage information and data gathering.
- This provider also works with the Fourteen Eyes countries. They include countries like Germany, Japan, and other members that work with the National Security Agency.
- At the same time, VyprVPN also works with countries that do not belong to this agency, some of which are considered enemies.
- VyprVPN does not claim to be part of any jurisdiction in regards to the National Security Agency.
- An added layer of security comes with VyprVPN’s higher encryption levels. They use AES-256 and RSA-2048.
- While rumors suggest otherwise, the VPN website blocking feature does not cover the streaming and downloading of television shows and movies. This might be an attractive option to educators and students for learning opportunities.
- VyprVPN does not require users to manage and maintain servers on their own. The company does it for them.
- This VPN provider offers a zero logging feature. This means that third parties and internet service providers do not need to provide DNS servers. Such a situation is available because one company completely owns VyprVPN.
- The zero logging feature keeps private and protects users at the same time.
- There are multiple encryption options to pick from. However, the 256-bit option comes with Chameleon, which is a proprietary protocol.
- Chameleon focuses on scrambling metadata packets in order to make sure they are not visible to deep packet inspections.
- Probably one of the more important services found in this VyprVPN review is the fact that this provider offers unlimited bandwidth and server switches for any of their packages.
- VyprVPN allows for internet to be available any time and from anywhere.
PROs and CONs of VyprVPN
- The speeds that Golden Frog has for VyprVPN are decent in comparison to the competition;
- Since these speeds are decent, they avoid bottle-necking;
- Support is on a multi-platform basis to meet the needs of all users;
- VyprVPN offers over 700 servers across 70 or more countries worldwide;
- Storage can be catalogued in a dump truck frame of mind;
- The company offers a three-day trial period for free before making a decision about which package to purchase in the long run;
- The higher packages offer a NAT firewall for even more extra security;
- You can access customer support 24/7 through e-mail, ticketing, and a live chat.
- After the trial period ends and a you purchase package, a money-back guarantee does not come into play, sticking the user with whatever service they paid for across a particular period of time for either a month or a year;
- They do not accept payments in digital currency, such as Bitcoin;
- There have been some leakage issues with DNS in the past;
- Some people might find the prices for each plan a little pricey;
- Rumors and past customer reviews indicate instances of the log files storage.
VyprVPN User Issues
- While Golden Frog states otherwise, some reviews state that logs are kept in VyprVPN’s databases instead of just time-stamp information;
- Additionally, not all people are able to access the different applications available on various operating systems with the same amount of efficiency;
- One of the more pressing concerns is not being able to make anonymous payments for the sake of minimizing the amount of tracking going on with the service.
Many people only have positive things to say about VyprVPN.
- Much the same can be said for the Terms of References portion of the package. These guidelines of being to the point and providing as much clarity as possible about VyprVPN are what make it so attractive to many users.
This VyprVPN review acknowledges these traits as worthwhile.
There are many things to consider with VyprVPN. In many ways, it is one of the most secure and user-friendly providers available. Considering the extra layers of protection Golden Frog offers with this program, it is easy to understand why it’s pricing is a little bit on the higher end of what the competition offers.
Rumors may suggest that data is logged through VyprVPN. But there is also plenty of evidence to the contrary. As an extra bonus, this provider makes sure to work with countries and organizations where people can most benefit from its offerings. This VyprVPN review focuses on these items as being the most important.