Websites allow individuals to do very many things- you can connect with people across multiple geographical spheres, gain exposure for a brand, and educate other online users, just to mention a few goals. The broad capabilities of online sites have made them popular tools, and you may find yourself in need of one. Building a website no longer comes with the complexities that characterized the practice a few years ago. This is one of the advantages of services such as iPage.
Before the age of website builders and content management systems, website owners had to spend huge amounts of cash to get their platforms operational. The need for web developers and designers is still there, particularly when you need a complex website, but it is not the only option. Now, you can DIY a website without too many complications, especially with a hosting service like iPage, which provides a drag and drop builder. This guide is a simple look at how you can create a site despite your lack of technical skills.
General Information about iPage
iPage has been running since 1998 and has been offering hosting servers for companies and individuals. Regardless of your budget, iPage hosting has hosting plans that cater to your bottom-line. In a world where websites have become a big part of corporate and personal branding, it is understandable why you need one. The web host provider makes that possible by providing different tools that don’t require any technical expertise to operate them.
Its most popular package, the Go Plan, is inclusive of various tools and hosting service, which most website owners will find sufficient. It also includes:
- Unlimited disk space, which is always an issue when running a content-heavy platform;
- Drag n’ drop builder;
- SEO marketing tools;
- Mobile-friendly templates.
5 Steps to Building a Website with iPage
Besides the web builder, you can create your platform using WordPress or any other CMS on iPage. The hosting service is also compatible with different web development software such as Adobe DreamWeaver. Therefore, pick the method carefully to align with your goals.
- For instance, WordPress is appropriate for a blog.
- If it’s an e-commerce site, ShopSite would be suitable.
- This guide uses the Weebly drag and drop builder to show you how to create a website.
1. Registering the Domain
Domain registration is the first step when buying a web hosting plan at iPage. The provider doesn’t charge for the process for the first year, so you only need the right name. Note that iPage hosting allows unlimited domain names when you pay for web hosting, thereby you can have multiple pages.
For site owners who already have registered domains on other servers, you can alter them to ns1.ipage.com and ns2.ipage.com. If it’s the first site and you don’t know where to begin with the domain name, stick to the simple, concise, and memorable rule. Even with the best images and content, if visitors can’t remember how to find your platform, it’s all useless.
2. Find the Builder
- The Weebly web builder that iPage hosting offers is in the cPanel.
- After making your payments, log into your account and go to the Control Panel.
- You will find the Weebly Drag and Drop Builder icon under the My Favorites section.
- Click on this and proceed to Add Website where you are required to add the domain name.
3. Edit the Website
After inputting the domain, go to the Edit Website button and click. This stage is the design and build part of your platform. All it takes is to drag the elements from the tab on the top of the page. At the bottom, you have a review to allow you monitor the progress as you edit.
- Firstly, pick the design template and approach it cautiously because it determines the look of your site. It is possible to switch themes later. But getting it right the first time saves you a lot of trouble.
- The way the text, images, and colors incorporate on a website can attract or chase away visitors. Know your website goals when making this decision.
- iPage has hundreds of templates from which to select your design. After finding one, drag it to the builder.
- If you already have a theme stored on your computer, click the Import Theme button and upload. You can change the images on the template by importing customized one to suit your website’s objectives.
- Then there is the Build section, which allows you to add various web elements to your platform. For example, you can add text, image galleries, or buttons. Factor in the features and functionality of your site when editing.
Presumably, the first page you create with the iPage web builder is the homepage. When editing the website, you can add other pages, depending on your requirements. The basic hosting plan allows up to 6 pages. So if the platform needs more, consider upgrading the package.
Go to the Pages section on the top tab and click Add Page. Insert the page name, for example, Services, About Us, or Contact Us.
Once you finish with the editing, go to the Settings section where you can decide which type of favicon (the tiny picture that displays on the browser tab) to get. If it an e-commerce store, the settings will allow you to add a merchant account. You can also enable or disable the responsive layout in this section. Once all the elements are in place, click the Publish button and your website is operational.
Take advantage of the SEO configuration on the web builder to market the site. Additionally, iPage offers $100 Google AdWords or Bing credits as a bonus. When creating your pages, you can add a blog to boost marketing. Integrating social media icons on the web pages is another way to increase visibility.
To Sum It Up
With the different SEO marketing tools, mobile friendly themes and unlimited disk space iPage hosting offer a good deal for most businesses and individuals who need web host servers. The free website builder from Weebly is big a plus side because it presents an opportunity to try out your DIY website-making skills.
With a few guidelines, you can develop an effective site. Alternatively, you can install CMSes and create your online merchant platform or blogs from there. iPage offers excellent tech support, account and domain management.