FastComet is a popular web hosting company featuring products compatible with WordPress and other content management software. They also bring easy VPN accessibility to the world of dedicated servers. This FastComet VPS review will cover the company’s history, services and specifications, the pros and cons associated with their products and the usual comments made in FastComet user reviews.
General Info About FastComet
In a field dominated by large web hosting companies, FastComet is a small and dedicated team of experienced web developers and VPN designers. Their cloud-based VPS products may come in handy for consumers and corporations of all sizes. FastComet’s website also includes a portal for direct domain registration.
FastComet offers free trials, tutorials and customer service to all members. The company’s website also provides graphs and figures to visualize their superior performance when compared with larger companies like GoDaddy and Bluehost. Of their services, FastComet is most popular for their SSD-based cloud VPS servers. Their servers are offered in packages that can be customized to fit a customer’s exact VPN needs.
This FastComet VPS review is based on the following services:
• Web Hosting
This is a standard web hosting package, and it’s very similar to what you might find at larger competitors. Choosing FastComet for your web hosting needs comes with a free domain, cPanel functionality and SSD-based servers for quick load times. However, only the most expensive web hosting plans offer built-in VPN functionality. In this FastComet VPS review, the web hosting service is viewed as the bottom-tier option.
• SSD-Based Cloud VPS Servers
A significant upgrade from their basic web hosting alternatives, FastComet’s cloud VPS servers are the company’s most popular options. These managed servers are fast and private, and they’re perfect for users that require scalable options that can be upgraded in the future.
• Dedicated Servers
Unlike other hosting companies, FastComet’s dedicated servers are still among their frontrunning options. For example, their top-tier dedicated server package runs on a twelve-core Intel Xeon CPU, and it comes loaded with state-of-the-art VPN functionality.
FastComet VPN Specifications
FastComet’s VPN features are all offered in their cloud and dedicated VPS server packages. Though their cloud servers and dedicated servers vary greatly in price, these are the range of specifications for each service:
Cloud VPS Servers:
- CPU: 1 to 6 2.50 GHz Cores;
- Ram: 2 GB to 12 GB DDR4 Ram;
- Hard Drive Space: 30 GB SSD to 192 GB SSD;
- Transfer Limit: 2 TB to 8 TB.
Dedicated VPS Servers:
- CPU: 4 to 12 2.50 GHz Cores;
- Ram: 8 GB to 48 GB DDR4 Ram;
- Hard Drive Space: 96 GB SSD to 768 GB SSD;
- Transfer Limit: 4 TB to 20 TB;
- Transfer Port: 500 Mbit to 4000 Mbit Network Out.
PROs and CONs of FastComet
• Great Prices Compared to Other Services
FastComet’s service fills a largely-vacant middle ground in the VPS community. Their products are not the best in terms of performance, but they outvalue many budget competitors. For smaller business accounts, FastComet’s servers are of great value.
• cPanel Functionality
cPanel functionality is becoming more streamlined in the web hosting world, but not all competitors are there yet. With feature makes it much easier for novices to maintain their own websites.
• 24-hour Customer Service
Best of all, FastComet is praised for their fast and professional customer service. Tickets are almost always answered within an hour.
• Uneven Plans and Services
Though FastComet offers competitive pricing compared to other companies, their own plans are top-heavy. Unfortunately, dedicated servers are much faster than any of their cloud alternatives. They also cost up to five times as much.
• Competitors Have Better Servers
Even at lower prices, FastComet’s servers may not be more valuable than options from competitors. Particularly for larger businesses, the packages offered by other companies often provide a set of clear advantages.
• Daily Backups Sometimes Misfire
FastComet promises automated backups every day, but the process often misfires and fails to create the correct save files.
FastComet User Reviews
This FastComet VPS review is decidedly positive, but some issues appear repeatedly throughout company’s user reviews. Those issues include:
- VPS speeds lower significantly outside of the United States. Unlike other major VPN and web hosting companies, FastComet has not expanded their server locations to cover the majority of the world’s populated areas.
- Some users have reported inconsistent customer service experiences. The company always seems to respond to customer issues in a timely fashion, but their level of professionalism varies on each occasion. Certain users point to aggressive and unfriendly customer service experiences.
- Worst of all, some user reviews point to inconsistent management of payment information. The company hasn’t been linked to any significant security issues, but payment information is sometimes deleted or changed without any explanation. Some users have canceled their service with the company to prevent any future issues.
These complaints, however, are not enough to discredit FastComet altogether. The majority of the company’s users report a seamless VPS experience across all FastComet-powered websites.
Finally, this FastComet VPS review has covered the company’s most popular products and services. With a growing need for virtual private servers in the business world, FastComet may need to create premier packages that compete with popular brands. However, the FastComet is currently filling a niche for affordable middle-tier VPS packages that are attractive to smaller businesses.
Do you have experience with any FastComet services? Do you have questions or concerns about our FastComet VPS review? Please feel free to leave a comment below.
Image source: 1